Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, Saint Paul, Minn.
with Matt Skinner, Joy J. Moore, Karoline Lewis, and an additional speaker
Do you ever wonder what’s behind the scenes of some of the sermons you get to hear at big preaching conferences with “famous” preachers? Have you always wanted a practical preaching conference where you can learn some new how-to’s for constructing a sermon and honing your homiletical skills?
Four top preachers will deliver a sermon and then tell you how they got there, with plenty of time for Q & A. Workshops will be a hands-on, master-class format, with conference participants preaching toward a specific skill and getting individual feedback from Luther faculty.
This year's event is hosted at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 700 Snelling Ave. S., St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Karoline Lewis, Associate Professor of Biblical Preaching and the Marbury E. Anderson Chair in Biblical Preaching at Luther Seminary, St. Paul, Minn.
- Joy J. Moore, Senior Pastor at Bethel United Methodist Church in Flint, Mich., and Ordained Elder in the West Michigan Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Matthew Skinner, Professor of New Testament at Luther Seminary, St. Paul, Minn., and Ordained Teaching Elder in the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Additional speaker to be announced
Foundational, collegial and encouraging, this conference is a unique opportunity to tend the craft of your preaching among peers old and new.
Master Class (optional)
An optional Master Class is available during each of the workshop sessions during the conference. Master Class participants are required to bring a prepared sermon and they will preach it, or a portion of it, to a small group (no more than five others) and receive feedback from one of the keynote speakers. Master Class participants pay
$125 $50* additional and should select only one time slot when registering.
* Thanks to the generous support from Jul N. Quello Endowment, the cost for the Master Class has been reduced in 2019.
Lay Preaching Track
The Lay Preacher Track is available for non-rostered leaders with preaching responsibilities in their congregations. It includes a Master Class with a local preacher as well as a full conference registration. Those who qualify should select one Lay Preacher Master Class and apply the coupon for Lay Preachers to receive a discounted rate of $125 total for the conference and Master Class. Space is available for up to 24 lay preachers (up to 12 per Master Class).
Find out more at www.luthersem.edu/preaching.